Monday, January 31, 2011

A Bit of a Scare

This morning was just like every other morning. I got up and was proceeding with my usually routine. As I was picking up the office, I pulled this pillow away from the spot where it had been leaning on the wall. That is when I saw scorch marks on our heater vent as well as through the pillow!

I realized that the night before, we had left the pillow in front of the heater. In each room an individual heater turns on when it gets to a pre-set temperature. I realized in that moment that we were very lucky that we had not woken up to a house on fire. The pillow is a good 5 feet long and is full of quilt "stuffing". It could have easily caused a huge problem.

Right then and there I said a quick prayer to Heavenly Father, thanking Him for protecting us that night. I realized that life changes quickly and that I need to be safety planning anyone?

1 comment:

  1. oh man, that is so scary. I can't believe that it actually scorched your pillow. Well I for one am glad that you were protected. I keep thinking about getting window rope ladders for my kids rooms so they could climb out the windows if they needed too.