Saturday, May 19, 2012

Date Night - Museum of Idaho

Since we helped decorate the museum with floral arrangements for the opening night of their new exhibit, our shop was given tickets to come see the displays for free.  Last weekend Andrew and I decided to spend our date night there. 

The exhibit was called "Teeth, Tails and Trouble" and I must admit, it was a lot of fun!  Andrew and I had a great time.  



This is fossilized bone marrow! How neat is that.  I tried to get a good close up picture, but this just doesn't do it justice.  The piece was so beautiful. 


This is a dinosaur's tibula and fibula.....I'd say that hes got me beat.  And yes, even though anatomy was all those years ago, I still remember one or two of the bones I had to memorize. :)


Trying to imitate the poses.....don't ask.




Again....its better not to ask. 


Sue, the main attraction of the exhibit.


I think that this is one of the few times I have seen a sign like this in a museum. 





After the museum jaunt, we went to a near by park and walked around for a bit.  I loved it because it was an Asian inspired garden....aka the type of garden I will have in my back yard some day. All in all, it was a perfect end to a great day.



And we found a little bit of Canada!

Anywho, we only have two more weeks till we are off to Minnesota.  I am so excited, nervous, happy, sad, scared, excited, etc.  All in all though, I can't wait!  I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment