Saturday, May 19, 2012

So I Have a Problem.......

... and it has to do with my glasses.  I have worn glasses for as long as I can remember.  I have always seemed to have a problem with keeping them intact for longer than three years.  I give you exhibit A:


One day while I was trying to clean this pair, the frame decided that it was going to snap on me.  (My glasses have a habit of breaking at the most inopportune time....as is the way most things go right?) For about two weeks I walked around with a lens that was glued to my frames. Now as you can imagine glasses can be quite expensive.  Luckily for us we have some great friends!! Andrew's cousin and his wife told us about a great website called Zenni Optical. They sell glasses for amazing prices.  I got these bad boys for just over $30!!! And that includes a strong prescription charge.  


I have loved these glasses and I cant believe how many compliments I have gotten on them in the few months I have had them.  That never happened to me with glasses from an eye doctor.  This is one happy customer for sure. 



3 comments:

  1. I was just referred to that sight! I'm so indecisive though and I still can't decide on new frames. I want to try something different but I'm afraid I'll hate them! I LOVE the prices though. I think I might splurge and get myself a pair of prescription sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I'm currently checking out that site. I went to the eye doctor and my prescription hadn't changed much and even with my insurance paying for $100 dollars for the frames and the entire eye exam my cost was going to be $270 plus. The frame were only about $30 of that cost. What's up with crazy expensive lens costs. I know i'm almost blind but jeepers. I'm glad you showed me this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I know what you mean. I had that same problem. My last pair that I bought before using ZO were up in the $300 range. It hurt my soul a little bit to see that receipt.

    ReplyDelete