Sunday, September 22, 2013

Backpacks and fire

Our hike along superior trail was a huge success!  I love how much Minnesota looks like the south.  Granted it does not get as consistently hot here, but there are forests galore and wonderful humidity.  70 and 80 degrees made for perfect hiking weather and we had some beautiful views along the trail.  

I am quite sad that I am unable to upload some of the videos of our hiking shenanigans.  Lets just say that it involved an ax, a dead tree that wasn't quite out of reach, and fire.  





The only hiccup in the hike came when I took my pack off at one point.  My shoulder had started stinging, but I did not think much of it.  The only problem was that the stinging persisted and kept getting worse as more air got to that area of my skin.  Come to find out I had a pretty good little back pack burn.  That teaches me to let the straps rest on bare skin for too long.  Luckily I was a bit obsessive about injury safety and had two first aid kits along with us.  




Mount Trudae.....the peak we hiked to on our second day. 


After the hike was over we limped our way to the car and drove to lake Superior.  It was COLD!!!  But it felt wonderful on sore muscles.  And now I can say that I have been to the biggest lake in the US.  It really did look like an ocean.  It had a beautiful marina and seemed like it stretched on forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment