Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day


I just wanted to wish all of the fathers our there a fabulous Father's day. May it be a great one and may all of your children spoil you.

I would like to take a brief moment to thank my own personal father. He is a great man who I love very much. He is giving, kind and caring and is a fun person to be around. He has taught me many great life lessons. Here are just a few:

He taught me how to body surf and buggy board.
He taught me how to drive a car.
He stuck with me through all of those agonizing math problems.
He helped me memorize all 200+ bones in the body...in one night.
He helped me gain an appreciation for the oldies, songs like 'Pipeline'.
He gave me and helped me further my love for plants.
He is the reason I am still in school.
He taught me how to be a good camper/backpacker.
He showed me how to love and how to be kind.
He showed me how to bake the best darn chocolate chip cookies in the world!
He is always there for me when I need him.

I could go on and on, but then this would turn into an extremely long post. Needless to say I do not know where I would be with out my father. I am very lucky to have him and I hope that I never forget that. I love you Dad!


Secondly, although he is not yet a father I would like to wish Andrew a happy father's day. I am excited to see how he handles children...... especially our children. I have had a few sneak peeks and I must admit I am excited for that day. I am very happy to be his wife and I am thankful that I have been blessed with him. He makes my every day brighter and better just by being him. He strengthens and lifts me, something I know that he will do for our children as well. Happy Father's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment