Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Usually I am not one to make resolutions on the new year. I attempt to make goals through out the year, but they often evolve as my life changes. But this year I thought I would give them a try. One of my resolutions this year is to cut back on my sugar consumption.

A few months ago I was watching a TED talk that inspired my current resolution. A man talked about being what he called a "weekday vegetarian". (Watch the talk HERE.) He explains that he cuts out meat Monday - Friday. I decided to take this idea and morph it into something that would work for me.

So I have decided that from now on Monday through Friday I will not eat sugary foods. I am cutting out any deserts, chocolate, ice cream etc. On top of this I am still exercising and eating right.

I know this may seem silly but it is something that I feel is important. I know that obesity is a problem now a days and it is something that I want to prevent in my self and in my family. I feel this decision will help me. Wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. Emily, Mike, and I did a 30 day break from eating sugar/carbs. It was pretty cool, I didn't miss the sugar as much as I thought I would. There were still a few times when I got a sweet tooth though. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete