Sunday, March 3, 2013

Never Again!

Never again will I buy green onions from the grocery store!  Ok I still will sometimes, but certainly only once every four to six months.  Here is why:

I was looking through Pintrest the other day and I saw that you could grow the green onions you got from the grocery store just by placing them in water!  Well after dinner one day as I was about to throw away my onion ends, I stopped myself.  I grabbed a cup out of the cupboard and put them in it with a little water and forgot about it.  

Well, three days later the green onions had doubled in size! Less than a week later I decided to plant them.  They started out less than three inches long and now one is almost a foot long!  I can't believe it.  Yay free produce and Pinterest!


1 comment:

  1. I've done this a lot, But here in Walla Walla it is foggy with no sun all winter long and even if the sun came out I don't have any windows that let in sunlight so non of my plants live. sniff sniff. But it is an awesome cool thing to do. Guess what though. I went out to my garden and because I just left all the dead plants in their last fall because I didn't feel good and didn't want to tidy up my garden they started growing by themselves. So I've got cabbage, broccoli, leeks and green onions and rubarb all growing great and ready to eat already. So wierd

    ReplyDelete