Thursday, June 6, 2013

These Guys!!

I will be honest with you, I don't have a lot of artists that I want to see in concert.  Many people, I feel, sound better in a recording studio than they do live.  But right now if I was offered the chance to go see "The Piano Guys" in concert, I would gladly jump on the chance.  

Andrew and I first found out about them while we were in college.  Andrew surprised me with a date night one weekend and we went with another couple to see Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson in concert.  Well, that was one of the most energetic concerts I have ever been to.  They were both amazing at their respective instruments, were really good with the audience, and just seemed like fun/down to earth guys.  

Since that time, we have kept tabs on their work.....and wow!  They make fantastic music!  They mash new pop songs with classics like Beethoven and Vivaldi.  Andddddddd they have electric cellos. <3 nbsp="" p="">

(This is just one example of their work. )

When I was in high school I had two band instructors who instilled in me a love for music that is creative and pushes the limits of the art.  These guys definitely pass the test! I have not found another musician or group that does anything close to what they do.  Thank you Piano Guys for doing what you do best and sharing what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment