Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birthday Adventure

For my birthday this year Andrew took me to an amusement park.  He knew that it had been years since I had been on what he termed a "real roller-coaster".  Every time he would ask if I liked them or not I would just shrug my shoulders.  He kept saying "I think you would like them......at least I hope so". We were almost able to test this theory a few years ago when we went to visit his brother and his family in California.  We were going to go to Six Flags for the whole day, but not only did we pick the one day it was closed, three of the five of us got sick during that vacation.  And yet I will always remember it as one of the funner vacations I have taken. 

ANYWHO.....sorry about the random jaunt down memory lane.  Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to go on a few roller coasters for a day.  The park we went to was AMAZING.  It was a sudo water park, plus kids town, plus thrill/roller coaster ride park.  We decided to try a coaster for our very first ride and boy  was it crazy.  I thought it looked like a nice beginning ride....boy was I ever wrong.  Apparently it was the third fastest coaster in the park.  Go figure, right?  Still, it was a blast.  I screamed like a little girl, Andrew screamed/giggled and I decided I hate the stomach feeling you get when you first go down a big hill too fast. Oh and really fast coasters make me hyperventilate/giggle.  

Needless to say we did not get a ton of pictures...we were a bit preoccupied. 

The park did have a really cool animatronic dinosaur area.  It felt like we were walking though Jurassic Park......minus the jeep and hungry raptors.  




\

I did make Andrew go on on roller coaster ride without me.  It was the biggest in the park and looked terrifying.  I felt a bit bad not screaming next to him on it.....but not that bad right? :)  


Over all the day was a huge success.  So yes I enjoy roller coasters, theme park games and food are still a rip off, and I think Andrew talked me into a non-verbal agreement to go on one of those large swing rides with him the next time we go to this park.  We shall see. :)

'till next time. 


2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Love the pics too. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday! looked like a great day :)

    ReplyDelete