Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Doctor

In case you hadn't heard, there is this show on BBC called "Doctor Who".  It has been around for a little over 50 years now and I think it's absolutely brilliant! 

Its about a time lord who travels through time and space saving people, planets, and the like.......
....but it is so much more than just that.

I know that there are a lot of crazy fans out there and some people might think me one of them......who know maybe I am. But I like to think that I am not obsessed with the actors or the writing, but the lessons this show tries to teach. 

For instance:





Books are the most powerful weapons in the world.
You are never too old for a Christmas list. 


Some of the loneliest people in the world are also the kindest. 


It's good to be a bit silly:


All of these:


Who you are matters the most:



This world is wildly beautiful:


I think it is hard to fine lessons like these in our entertainment today. Things that remind us to be smart, kind, to work hard, and that we can over come our faults.  We all need a little bit of the Doctor in our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment